slideshow header

header3

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hawaiian Falls

So I'm not a huge water park fan, or amusement park fan for that matter but I must comment on Hawaiian Falls in Mansfield. I took Kinley there yesterday, London and Jared wanted something else to do and we all thought we should try it out. So we did and had a blast!

Hawaiian Falls is so much better than Hurricane Harbor for several reasons:

1. It is newer, cleaner and much less crowded. I didn't see a single floating bandage in the water.

2. It is more family friendly. They had hoola-hoop, dance, and limbo contests throughout the day. The winners got a free snow cone!

3. It is cheaper. We bought our tickets from Kroger and got a free 32 oz drink with our admission. And since Kinley isn't 3 yet, she was FREE!

4. There was open seats, lounge chairs or picnic tables in every area we went. You could even reserve a little cabana or a room with tables.

5. They have different sections of water fun for little ones...

First is the Kona Kooler, Hawaiian Falls' version of the Lazy River, which was even better because they stock the river with tubes and so as people come and go you just find an empty tube and float with it you don't have to rent one or tote it around the water park, it is already there for your convenience.

They have a wave pool. Kinley really liked walking on her hands with her feet straight out behind her in the shallowest part. She got a little carried away while playing (on her feet) in the less than 2 feet deep section and went completely under water where I thankfully was able to quickly lift her back up so our trip wasn't ruined from this little mishap. In fact, she recovered quite nicely and was fully functioning a mere 60 seconds later.

Then there is an interactive part where you can shoot water, pull ropes, spray people and ride the slides. Kinley's favorite part was the huge bucket at the very top with a tiki man's face that dumped water, soaking everyone underneath. She of course only liked to watch other people get drenched, and didn't like water being dumped on her head. We watched that about a dozen times.

The next section was my favorite. It is a shaded section where all the water comes from the ground. I was able to sit in a chair effortlessly while Kinley ran around stomping on water and squirting water from a stationary water shooter. The sun cam through just enough so that it wasn't entirely shaded so I was able to get some sun.

I can't wait to go back! Oh, and London and Jared had a good time too. I strongly suggest you visit the best water park in town!!

Sorry no pictures, I left my camera at home.