slideshow header

header3

Friday, July 10, 2009

Dumbfounded

So as some of you may know, I'm (hoping) to minor in Spanish. So far I have successfully completed 22 hours of Spanish in college. I lack only 3 more. To fulfill my Spanish minor requirements, I enrolled in Spanish Composition through Literature this summer. I thought, "Yeah it'll be though but its only for 6 weeks and I can do just about anything for 6 weeks if upon completion I'll be DONE with my undergrad completely."

What was I thinking? How come no one tried to warn me, to save me from this misery I'm in?!

I am WAY WAY WAY in over my head. We are talking drowning after the first hour of class. I kid you not. First of all, the whole class is taught in Spanish and my teacher must be gay and talks really really fast. The gay factor, entertaining? yes, helpful? no.
This first night, I read 30 pages of ancient Castellano medieval poetry by authors I've neither heard of nor care to ever again once this class is over. And I'll have you know, this ancient Castellano language ISN'T EVEN SPANISH. Spanish literature however originates from castellano in Castilla. No biggie though, right?

The whole time I'm in class listening intently to try and pick up on every third word he says. And when I say pick up, I don't mean comprehend I just mean recognize. The amount of Spanish words I am able to comprehend and the amount I recognize are of two very different and disappointing lengths. As my mom pointed out, I have a whole new understanding of the word dumbfounded.

The dictionary defines dumbfounded- to make speechless with amazement; astonish.
I define dumbfounded as-Spanish Composition through Literature.

I'd appreciate your prayers. ;)

Oh, I'm in another class too. Just keep that in mind.

1 comment:

Lady Harris said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I CAN COMMENT!! Exciting!!...however what's not exciting--your class! STINK I'll be praying for you!