slideshow header

header3

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Kinley started Pre-K today! Here are some first day of school pics! Enjoy!

The Complete look:
The shoes:


The bracelet:
The bag (front):

The bag (back): Her bow came off...We didn't sew that one on. Kinley said we could fix it later.
The deal w/ the bag: So Kinley's school held their Open House last Thursday. We were informed then that they would be responsible for decorating their own tote bag. (I just KNEW this would be a fun, messy, yet crafty class project...I was wrong.) So Kinley and I came up with the plan to put an owl on the bag. We picked out all the fabric together and she helped glue it all together. And she picked out the button eyes! It was a fun little project we got to do together. I'm just glad we had the time to complete our homework before it was due today!

Photo Shoot Before School:


At School:

Her Cubby:


When I left, Kinley was calm, confident, and happy. She wasn't the least bit uncomfortable or uneasy about me leaving her. I never thought I'd say it but I think I miss those days of dropping her off at school and hiding behind the door listening for her to stop crying before I actually left. Ugh. Those days are long gone now. I suppose that's a good thing.

Lets pray KP has an excellent first day and an even better school year!
(and that she's able to listen and follow instructions!)

4 comments:

Lady Harris said...

love her cute outfit and bag! I cant believe she is so big!!! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

MaKin Us said...

She had a great first day! Made tons of friends and can't wait to go back tomorrow!

Londie Loo said...

Oh my stars macy!
She was adorable. I am so upset i couldn't be there. I love you both

Hannah said...

Dear Kinley, you looked SOOOO PRETTY on your first day of school! Holy cow, I bet you made so many friends because you are so talkative and outgoing and special. I wish I could be your age and in the same class as you. We would be best buds. Love you.