slideshow header

header3

Friday, July 16, 2010

Valin Marks Harris

I am happy to announce am the proud new (aunt) Mooey to the newest member of our family, son of John and Lincoln Harris, Valin Marks Harris.
My new nephew was born July 7, 2010 at 3:37 p.m. He weighed 7 pounds and 4 ounces and was 19.5 inches long with very fine light brown hair and dark blue eyes. This is the best baby I have ever met....so good it's a bit unreal.To all of you who haven't had the chance to meet him yet, I will try to describe him so you know what he is like. You can get to know him through my pics and description.
First of all, he is physically perfect. He has ten tiny fingers and toes, the sweetest little nose and perfectly shaped ears. His eyes are this gorgeous dark almost navy color that brighten his whole face...even when he looks perturbed. He truly is perfection.
Aside from his appearance, he has the calmest demeanor. He is sweet and happy no matter where he is or who is holding him. He loves to sleep and prefers snacks over meals. When he is hungry he will cry out maybe twice max and when he is bored and cranky he will grumble a little bit. It's my favorite when he does this. It's the sweetest most precious non-intrusive attention getter because he is just ever-so sweet. He lets you know there is a problem without being one himself...Kinley needs to learn from this.That pretty much describes him but I have noticed a few other things to take note of. He doesn't like being swaddled. I've never heard of a baby who doesn't like being swaddled, have you?! Not this guy, he wants his hands free to where he can move around and stretch about. Also, when he is tired he wants to sleep not in the arms of someone who loves him, but in his own bed. This is also something I've never heard of. Don't most babies take comfort in the heat and heartbeat and movement of people who hold him? I thought they all did. I was wrong. He wants to sleep where it is still and quiet but with a bit of light nature sounds in the background.I have been told I am a baby hog but it is only because I am in love with this tiny little blessing. He is just adorable and you can't help but be happy around him. I wish I could be around him all of the time but I am grateful for the time I have now. Valin, your Mooey loves you sweetheart. You are such a blessing to me.
If you hadn't noticed, I had the privilege of trying out my photography skills and creativity on this perfectly charming little subject and clearly, had such a blast. Also, Linc gave me Photoshop Elements (my new obsession) so I when I wasn't holding my little nephew-delight, I was editing photos. Thanks so much Linc!!!

Enjoy the pics!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

omgosh. best.post.ever. i cant wait to see/smell/hold/watch this precious perfect little baby.