slideshow header

header3

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Very Late Update

As of today, Kinley and I have been in our new home (with the parentals) for 3 weeks. Sorry I'm just now updating. Wake Forest is great, we are really enjoying it here. Mom and Dad are a huge help so that alone is reason enough for here to be great. The weather is absolutely beautiful! Its nothing like Texas. I wore my North Face tonight at my dad's softball game, crazy...practically a foreign concept for cool weather at the beginning of September in Texas. It was funny listening to people complain about the "heat" here during the last few weeks in August though. Heat here means 92 degrees... I know right, NOT hot at all. So the weather is nice and so are Mom & Dad.

Last weekend we got to go to the ECU game and see London cheer. We had a blast! It was amazing watching the lil sis on the field in front of the huge crowd. I can't imagine what its like being down there every week. So cool! Before the game we tailgated with the cheerleaders and that was fun. Our seats were great too. My favorite part of the game was hearing the announcer say "First down PIRRRATES!" Each time he said "Pirates" he'd make that deep GRR sound the same way 'Pirates' say ARGG. LOVED that. It made me laugh every time. Kinley really liked it too. She say a student who had purple body paint all over his entire upper body, shaved head included. She didn't quite know what to think of him, that was definitely something new but it was funny watching her try to figure him out. Cute. She behaved the entire game! no fits or complaints for like 5 hours! I was very pleased.

Kinley is adjusting to the new environment just fine. She plays with the little boy across the street, Thomas, often and loves that. He is helping her drive her car, which is great since she's still a little hesitant to do it by herself. Thomas is very polite, well-behaved and helpful and great fun for Kinley to have around. They are sweet.

I got to visit Hannah and Karl this past weekend in SC. Being on the Air Force Base was unlike anything I've ever known. It's like a whole private, top-secret, top-security world within our world. It was crazy, very interesting. I was so glad I got to go and see where the future Mr. & Mrs. Karl Burton will soon reside. Very exciting!

I think I've decided on a Masters program here! NC State (the closest University to here) has a cool Human Development Family Studies program I'm hoping to start in the fall. Until then, I'll be preparing for the GRE, volunteering to help local 'at-risk' kids and trying to get involved in a church and bible study AND writing my book. I can't wait to start but I must admit, I'm a tiny bit reluctant because I've overwhelmed with all I have to say and don't know how to organize it on paper. I'm gonna get on in asap tho. Promise. So that's a little update on us.

We miss home and everyone there too tho! Don't get me wrong. But we will be visiting in October!!!

1 comment:

Lady Harris said...

love the cute new pics!! So much for a semester of relaxing huh?!?! You are busy!