I've been an employee of SCIGRIP Smarter Adhesive Solutions (AKA IPS Corp.) for almost a month now. Think that name stuff is confusing? So do our customers!
So to catch you all up, I've been there almost a month now. Here is a breakdown of some of my daily tasks:
- I'm answering phones "Good morning SCIGRIP Smarter Adhesive Solutions, this is Macy, How may I help you?"
- Entering orders with our larger-than-life AS 400 system. It has the solid black screen and neon green writing. Remember that? It
iswasvery intimidating. - Sorting mail, and assigning the correct GL code to the invoices...Still a challenge...(I have a 16 page list of codes, it's harder than it sounds)
- Calculating time cards (we have about 20 employees in the back that work the mixers and fill cartridges that turn over ALL THE TIME) Keeping track of those bad boys is not an easy job.
- Side note: I downloaded an app for $2 bucks so now I type in the time punched in, the time punched out, and input the length of their lunch break (it's always 30 min) and it tells me their hours for the day. Sounds simple but seriously, this app has made my job 5x easier! Plus, I HATE math!
- Updating the SCIGRIP website. Please click here to see my fabulous work.
- Going to ISO, marketing and SalesForce meetings. Sounds so professional right?
Below are pictures of my desk (I haven't decorated yet) but Mom is already brainstorming so that will be taken care of in no time.
View from the door. Our walls are mint green.
That's the mail and invoices.
I share my office with my boss. BUT, I like it.


1 comment:
YEAH!!! I am so excited for you. One day you will be running that company. Love you!!
Post a Comment