slideshow header

header3

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

School Day

My alarm went off this morning at 7:35 a.m. I slowly get out of bed 10 minutes later and proceed to my closet. I get completely dressed and ready before I even attempt to wake up Kinley.
See, Kinley is not much of a morning person. She fell asleep last night sometime between 10:30 and 11. About an hour after we got in bed.

8:35 It's time.
"Kinley Bug, it's time to wake up," I said. - She squints her eyes shut tighter, shakes her head "no," and rolls over. All without opening her eyes.
"Kinley, Kinley lets get ready for school Bug." - No response.

We usually leave the house a little before 9 a.m. so I can have Kinley in her class when her teachers finish their morning meeting at 9:15, in order to rush to UTA and park 10 minutes walking distance from the building my first class is in, just to be late for my 9:30 a.m. class every Tuesday/Thursday. That's the routine.

10 minutes later...
I tried again.
"No! Leave me alone!" she said. This time I saw her eyes. But yes, that's right, my 2 year old daughter told me to leave her alone. Twice in fact. I laughed out loud, rolled her out of bed and began dressing her for school.

Here come the next 16 years of my life, and hers. GREAT. Stick with me Lord.

1 comment:

Londie Loo said...

Macy I love your blog.. Miss you and kinley